View Single Post
      09-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #28
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
BTW, I did hear from a friend and another stranger I met on these these forums is that F80 prices seem to be pretty stable if not stregnthening in the used market with individual cars commanding strong premiums as well. Not sure if this is a reaction to the G8X but it does seem strange since we are in a recession and pandemic. Possibly a good sign for those of us who are keeping our cars long term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
That's always been the case in the production lull period between two M3(4) generations. Prices of the outgoing gen are maintained due to the low availability. I am quite sure F8X prices will plumet once the G8X hit the showrooms and become available.
Some of it is also the diminished inventory available in the used car market...look at your local dealer lots and they are likely relatively low on inventory. My '18 F80 with a 78K sticker that I paid 68K for after negotiating and incentives recently was quoted at 55K trade in to CarMax with 10,500 miles on it...not a bad price to own for nearly 3 years (will be in November)....but once the new ones come out the real BMW depreciation curve will hit and it will plummet quickly back into the mid to low 40s.

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3498.00