View Single Post
      05-04-2022, 10:10 AM   #33
Kamron
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
There is literally no need.

A F8x car and a 718 car serve two different purposes.

One is a sedan, with two turbos and gives you full basically full torque at 2,600 RPMs. In earlier cars, it would give you 400+ lbs of full torque at 2,200 RPMs. Which makes the car into a tire killer among other hilarious meme inducing moments (aka crashing). The car is an instant gratification and barely makes you work for it. It also makes it close to impossible to drive it properly on the street because of the amount of power and torque it gives you.

The 718, the Turbo Fours (base, S and original GTS), the NA Flat Six (GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder, GT4 RS) makes you work into the power band with a mid engine setup that is basically no where else aside from Porsche or Corvette. There is no instant gratification and unless you actually drive the darn thing, you will not be in its general power band. The power is usable on the street without you feeling like you are going to get a speeding ticket all the time.

I have owned a F82 and F80 basically from the start of production all the way to the end production and there is 0 doubt my Cayman is a better car. Even the basic Cayman, S or original GTS (that has the Flat Four) are great little cars that isn't as rough as my GT4. Like I said, if tech is something that is extremely important to you, then the current 718 isn't going to do it. These cars aren't designed for anything else but driving, there are no distractions. And aside from the GT4 and Spyder, all the rest of the lineup can be equipped with basically anything, including the Entry and Drive if that really does bother you, which it doesn't for me. I love turning my key. If you also care, 911s and 718s are dime a dozen.

I come from BMWs, I still love the brand but aside from the interior space, which I am not big on anymore, I am find the driving experience from BMW just severely lacking in comparison and I absolutely despise the early torque nonsense even more.
Well said.
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2215.50