View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #128
left123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
I'm with you on that but manual is such a bitch in rush hour traffic. And DCT is a lot of fun when settings are turned all the way up. I would take advantage of first gear more often in DCT before entering a low speed corner. Whereas in a manual I tend to stay in 2nd gear.

That being said, I'm leaning more towards the manual since it's 44lbs lighter and $3k less (or is it $2.5k for DCT?)
Well, deciding about driving in traffic is a personal decision, but I've only ever had manual cars and traffic never even comes up as a concern for me (and I live in DC, the worst traffic in the US according to latest poll).

Fun and engagement are my priorities, not the convenience that the DCT SEEMS to provide. Extra expense (very significant in my opinion) plus weight and complexity are counter to my priorities, and what I think are reasonable priorities as well.

This is an age old debate, but I will always advocate for manuals so that I can buy all of you guy's used cars (in manual) in the future! If you don't buy them new, Ill never be able to find them used (I can't afford a 40k car, much less this 80k m3).