Thread: Road Feel
View Single Post
      01-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #13
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Road feel to me refers to two slightly different concepts.

One is the ability of the car's chassis, tires and steering to communicate the texture of the road surface on which you are driving through the steering wheel. The other is being able to sense the limits of grip going around a corner.

Having driven a F82 over a wide range of road surfaces - dry and wet concrete and asphalt, gravel, ice, snow and my own winter street, which at times resembles the surface of the moon - I can say confidently that road feel in the F82 is not as good as it was in my e90 HPS system.

That being said, I believe it to be leagues better than other EPS systems I have driven and communicates just enough road feel as a driver needs to drive well. Everything else about the EPS system, however, especially it's ability to, well, steer accurately and precisely as you intend is far superior to anything I have driven before.

In short, it is not quite sex without a condom, nor sex with one. It's somewhere in-between that still allows one to be a good lover of the road.