View Single Post
      01-10-2016, 08:07 PM   #75
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL
Well first I'd like to state that this is the first car I've ever taken on track and the first time using the MX72. I have not used any other car/brakes on track.

With that said, and I have nothing to compare them to, they were perfect in the sense that I lost no braking performance during any of my track days. I used them in combination with the Endless RF650 brake fluid and never lost confidence in my stopping ability.

My instructors both commented that the brakes on this car are amazing.
If you've ever driven at Lime Rock, I was stopping at the 5 on the main straight all day with ease.

After removing them and going back to stock pads, I noticed an immediate difference in bite. The stocks bite much sooner during daily driving I feel, and I like that, but I'm not sure why that difference exists.

I should note that these things are extremely expensive and the only reason I bought them was because the Pagids RS29s were sold out everywhere last summer when I was looking, and I needed brakes immediately for a track day. I think I paid close to $850 for brakes and fluid.

I will likely go to Pagids once these wear out, not because I dislike the MX72, but to get an idea of what the competition has to offer for less money.
Again, I was extremely impressed by the MX72 and will buy again if the Pagids are not as good.
good input man! may want to copy/paste this info into one of the "which pads are you using?" type threads if you haven't already. I found myself constantly over braking at COTA recently with the RS29s. I also noticed how much the brakes overpower the MPSS when I moved to MPSS from NT01 (getting ready to head home and it HAD been raining but actually dried out pretty well throughout the 60min session.. MPSS couldn't keep up at all)

Appreciate 0