08-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #96
DR12FAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible (ZCP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Small update.....

Went in the dealers today to pick up the loan car. They said the complete diff needs to be replaced as it needs to go back to BMW. I had read on m3cutters someone had been told that their car would just have components inside the diff replaced, but this is not the case with my car.

So in conclusion, they now know what bits to order, but no idea when they will turn up, and hence complete the job.

I have a brand new 530d M Sport that has come straight from Thorne to run around in till its fixed and I must admit, this is a very good car. Not driven an F10 before and very impressed with it. However it does have a list price with options of nearly £50k.
Same here. Like you said imy vehicle also needs a new diff. They have not been told when it will arrive, but dealer ordered one last week.

Having to make do with the 750i which is nice, but no M car.

Saying that it has the new idrive, wireless charging etc so it's been interesting to play around with those. Have to say I've been impressed with the new 7, it's come on leaps and bounds from the last generation.

But after ALMOST getting my hands on it my F83 this is such an anticlimax!
Appreciate 0