SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
I bought the MyQ GDO kit off of Amazon. It's kinda stupid you have to get Google Home to toggle to MyQ phase and then command it to open a door.

Would think with Google integration, it should be as simple as "hey Google, open left garage door", but eh.

I mainly got the kit because my dumbass can't for the damn life of me remember if I closed the garage door not even 15 seconds out the driveway.
You only need to have Google Home if you want to use voice commands to open/close your GDO. The MyQ app will remotely open/close the GDO, allow you to set schedules to close the GDO at a given times (close the GDO at the same time every night, in case it was left open) and set alerts to notify you by SMS and/or e-mail when the GDO is opened or closed.

Based on conversations with LiftMaster technical support, I expect that they will again offer integration with Amazon Alexa sometime next year. They already partner with Amazon for Key for Garage, letting Amazon delivery personnel open your GDO to deliver packages safely and security inside your garage.

Appreciate 0