12-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #350
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I am not so sure why people keep comparing it to M3/M4 when it is in the price range of a non existent 420i with a detuned 4 cylinder engine. Even a 428i is more expensive.....lol.

I mean to keep things in perceptive if a BMW 420i did exist the performance wise a Mustang 5.0 would eat its lunch and not even burp. Yes, the BMW fit and finish, luxury, and prestige might be missing but the performance wise hands down Ford has an ace up its sleeve. Not to mention for a long term ownership it is much cheaper to maintain 2015 Mustang then a 2014 BMW 4 series.

As for the 428i even that is more expensive then a new 2015 5.0 GT. A $60K 435i M-sport will cost wise be more expensive then a Boss version if Mustang makes it or even the Shelby 600hp plus version.

The American car makers are making a come back with one strong product after another. The interiors are improving and fit and finish improving also. They are still not at German level but they are closing the gap. Overall huge leaps and bounds over what was offered before and what is offered now.

I know there is nothing in current newer generation BMW lineup that causes me half as much excitement as a Corvette C7 stingray. In fact forget BMW no German or Italian car maker has an answer for it at that price point. Go USA
I get the price comparison, and Ford has understandably sold a lot of Mustangs because some car magazine called it "America's M3." I'll tell you, though, based on the current Mustang version, if you drive a GT and an M3 - or even a 435 - back to back, you'll see that it's about more than speed. The Mustang is loud, it's raucous, and it feels primitive. It rattles, the plastic is flat and hard, and the visibility sucks.

I think the Mustang is a lot of car for the money, but I don't compare one directly to a BMW. They are different things.