View Single Post
      01-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #26
japanaltaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I'm currently using "id6_light" on my 2017 M4 that was delivered with iDrive 5 and has the HU_NBT2 ECU.

I just had to change from the default "id5_plus_plus" to "id6_light". In my case this did not affect navigation, CarPlay, or ConnectedDrive features, but I think that's because iDrive 5 was native on my system and iDrive 6 "light" seems mostly to be a different skin for the interface.

iDrive 5 compared to 4 is a major evolution and I greatly prefer it. I slightly prefer iDrive 6 "light" over 5. I like the live tiles and find the typography a bit prettier overall, but apart from that I don't think "id6_light" is much different in terms of functionality. The live tiles, for me, make it worth coding this when it's quick and easy but I really doubt there's enough difference here for anyone to lose sleep over.

I'm not sure what the difference is between "light" and not-light. I haven't tried coding to "id6" because I really don't want to be messing with FSC's on this system.
Thank you for bringing this coding to my attention I coded "id6_light" today on my 2017 M2 and am going to play around with it
Appreciate 2
Joaozao188.50
gspannu199.50