View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 07:39 PM   #25
EasyBimmerCoding
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
Here's a video that shows using OEM maps when using Carplay. The cool thing is you can use them side by side which you can't do with a MMI (which I believe overtakes the full screen).

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqt9N6EPV4G0grlH7cqu1bWUmDt0Iw

You can also see in the video how I've mapped the shortcut buttons to specific Carplay screens and also OEM screens (Maps), how you can use OEM maps side by side with Carplay audio view and how you can seamlessly switch between them. You can even have OEM maps guidance voice over the Carplay audio (you don't hear carplay audio in the video as I am using the same iphone to record video and iOS cuts audio from the phone when recording video).

I do this (switching between OEM screens and carplay) quite often though I don't use OEM maps anywhere. I haven't had a single crash since I got the flash done and its been several months.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the result. The only thing is I had to get the HeadUnit reflashed ($75) after I had to get my car updated but I don't expect to update the car atleast for another 2-3 years.
Thanks for the vid and the writeup!
Appreciate 0