12-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #30
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
So... Tell me how new c63 and atsv is benchmarked against prev m3 ? This gonna be interesting
No problem.

As you know new cars just don't appear out of thin air. They take years of planning and testing. What we are seeing today appeared first on drawing boards five years ago. When the upcoming C63 AMG and ATS-V were mere twinkles in some engineer's eye, the M3 was kicking ass and taking names.

The ATS-V was unabashedly aimed at zee Germans. The C63 AMG lost a lot of heads-up comparisons to the previous M3. Would it not make sense that MB would have dissected that animal to see where they can do better?

BMW pretty much invented this automotive segment and the M3 has been the car to beat ever since. As long as BMW keep adapting and improvising it will have an advantage over its competitors who by necessity are targeting themselves against a previous model even though they obviously have plans of their own

I look forward to the comparisons. Perhaps the Caddy or the Benz can at last steal the baton from BMW. Perhaps that will be a needed wake-up call over in Munich. Meanwhile, I shall continue to enjoy my M4 and cast admiring eyes at its competitors without the need to roll them at all.