ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn8286 View Post
The most disappointing one here is the Evo magazine Car of the Year response; I saw the video and the reviewers really didn't seem happy with the car's performance on the wet/damp surfaces. The resounding response was that the car was way more of a handful to drive than it should have been.
Also the strangest.

In the initial Evo F8X vs F-Type comparison, they preferred the F-Type in the end because they said the F8X was only really great at the limits whereas the F-Type was easier to love below 95%. Then in the COTY, they went the other way, saying the M4 was too tough to handle at the limits. Maybe based on the fact it was raining, but then there were a lot of reviews from Track of the Americas when the first test drives on 'Murican soil happened that were really wet - and they sang its praises in hard driving on a very challenging, wet track.

As I said in the OP, I really do think there is something to Chris Harris' concern that some of the English automotive press has decided to target the M3/M4. Remove the Autocar results and the flip-floppy Evo comments, and this car is bullet proof in these comparisons.
Watch the motor trend hot laps and see how sloppy the f type r is... judging by Pobst comments, it may have been the worst car there.