View Single Post
      07-09-2021, 04:48 PM   #19
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I really like the energy and enthusiasm M cars get from the vendors. it makes our experience better and sometimes faster.

I am just cautions to distinguish when some updates bring a real benefit or just a "sales speech". For the engine oil, coolant, diff oil and transmission I am very skeptical to accept RedLine has a better product than OEM. Not because RedLine dont have good products ... they actually have good stuff which I have already used in a different non standard application but because it is not just that simple.
Developing an oil solution is not that simple and involves a lot but a lot of resources and testing which includes running engines in a dyno, running vehicles on the road/track, temperature chambers, component tear down, wear analysis, noise analysis, ..... I really dont believe any aftermarket company would have those resources to deploy on this type of project and even if they do there isn't a business case because the revenue the products would bring is limited to car enthusiastic like us in comparison with the OEM supplier.

I really dont see the benefit/problem solving a new oil/fluid can bring as advantage to this platform but in really it can be risky and expensive if something goes south.

Please keep bringing improvements but at no risk!
Appreciate 0