11-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #32
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cionide View Post
does it really add more gloss to Yas marina blue in particular?
- I have YMB and ceramic. Yes, its glossier.

Is it really that much easier to wash and keep clean?
- Yes, I've had the car for a year and it hasn't been touched by a brush. Basically just foam + pressure wash off dirt for the most part once a week.

Can you really just foam the car and rinse without touching the car only to dry like the videos on the gram.
- Yes, though mine didn't end up as hydrophobic as what you see on the videos. Was doen using ceramic pro.

Or does it still require touching the car with wash mits each wash with ceramic coat?
- As above, I have literally never touched the car with anything other then foam and water to clean it.

Does for example the ceramic pro gold or something similar really protect from swirl marks and scratches? Even tiny rock chips on bumper? I can go clear bra ok. but, after 3 years you have 2 different shades of blue. No thanks.
- Protects a bit against scratches I guess. Definately not rocks - it's a coating not a magical force field.

So what do you do? Just put some headlight protection film at least and get details as needed, old school?
- I have tinted headlights

What's the consensus for Yas owners? Which do you prefer? Ceramic coat or old school details.
- Ceramic coat.

Thank you for your detailed responses.

So Ive decided to go with paint correction, expel ppf, and ceramic pro on top. Entire car, wheels and calipers. The owner of the shop says YMB will really pop!

Do you use a electric or gas power washer with your foam gun? Does it matter?

What about leaf blower? Will the 18v battery operated ones work or plug in a must?

I'll make sure and post some pics when I pickup the car and the weather clears up.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0