View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #218
996ttelise
Captain
Rep
Drives: 458, GTS, Performante

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
Concerns about nothing based in reality.
Like you know all regarding the C8 versus someone owning 4 Chevrolet dealerships.

I have known the guy for a while as we both raced GT3 Cup together. We were at lunch and I asked about his allocations and whether any were pre sold. He told me his allocation, made it sound as if most or all were available and said: "The car is apparently down on power and not meeting expectations."

GM surely would not send hot/ringer cars to the mags. It was hilarious making Leno drive a car governed to preserve the engine. That car is going to be destroyed and never sold and does anyone really follow a break-in anymore with modern engines?

I am sure all will be sorted out and I am more interested in seeing the specs and price of this 900hp beast they are talking about.

RE: Track Specs

So why not sell the car with suspension set up in this "track spec" suspension which seemingly made the car more stable (reduced both mid corner understeer and track out trailing throttle snap oversteer). Porsche and others deliver their cars with street suspension/toe settings to make their cars more stable for the road, not the opposite. Is it a tire wear issue for the Vette.

Last edited by 996ttelise; 12-09-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0