View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #253
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I can buy the 395 whp stock part but def not the +125 whp tuned part. No one knows how conservative or not conservative the turbos are pushed stock. Please do not use the N54 as a standard for everything, I can guarantee that engine is a near one off. The N54 ran 8 psi stock, at 18 it made ~ 420 whp. For what you said to be true... these turbos need to be the size of rb's to make that power. Bmw wouldnt not choose turbos that large as they would not have the responsiveness worthy of an m car.
Thanks for your commentary. As stated, the +125whp tuned power "quote" also takes into consideration better fuel and a Turbo Back Exhaust. On the new m3, it is no far stretch to assume a TBE will net +25whp, and better fuel...another +35whp (with tune). That is +60whp or so, of my original total number of a tuned +125whp...that being said, we have a remaining window of 65whp to be had with a tune, outside of fuel and a turbo back...given the tuning window BMW provides as a standard with their engines now-a-days, that 65whp or so is not a far stretch, at all.

Instead of nitpicking each others numbers which are relatively accurate, you should just be happy you will own a +600hp tuned M3 at some point in the future. I don't know about you, but that definitely excites me.