10-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #11
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Yes, I use MDM as a learning tool myself - so I totally agree with you. I actually just realized that i'm not redlining it nearly enough since break-in service was done....because I find myself so readily shifting early

Good stuff on the fronts...if they look new, that speaks volumes about their ability to handle the front weight of the vehicle and I think 255 wide fronts are perfectly suited to this car.

You are probably right about tires, width, and power I'm not finding too many problems with daily traction (non track) with roll-on power application. So far I'm actually a better driver with smoother inputs on the f80.

Anyway, how do you feel about the spacers? Any changes to driving demeanor? I do like the look but historically not a huge fan of spacers, but I take your experience with some hefty weight, so I ask.
daily traction of course there is no issue unless you want to have police lights and neighbors shaking their fists at you. 255 i agree are good size. 275 better. the e9x could heat up 275 fronts quite well. actually its most preferred spec is 275's squared. on the e46 it was 265 square. this car i think 275/295 would be very nice indeed. and also i think going up on the fronts will keep it proportionally neutral. just it will launch harder on late apex low speed turns. look at road atlanta's track map. turn 7. if you can get just 1mph faster on exit of that turn you can carry that faster speed for that entire damn straight. thats seconds off a lap time. and i think this change alone will net more than a 1mph gain. more likely 5-10mph using same tire compound.