Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
But let"s say you lease 2 F80s over the course of 8 years, 1 every 4 years, you will pay more than simply buying the first F80 and keeping it over 8 year and repairing it, no?
Not necessarily. Guessing a residual of around 50% for a 4 year lease, you'd pay for one car's depreciation over eight years (50% x 2). Interest would likely be a higher in the leases, but you'd also be out less cash for down payment, have 2 new cars during those eight years and never own the car out of warranty / BMW ultimate service periods.
Keep in mind though, the 8 year old car will have some value and how much depends on many factors. I still think low mileage drivers should buy and high mileage drivers should lease. If you really drive 10k miles a year, leasing makes little sense since you will not even hit 100k miles in 8 years. If you are like me and hit 100k miles in 3.5 years, leasing looks much better.
Fair enough but having previously owned 8-10 year old cars residual value isn't much if you are around 100K miles - might recover the difference in down payment for purchase vs. lease. BMW lease residuals are too good to purchase, particularly if you deduct car expenses like I do.
E9x m3s with 100k miles are going for mid to upper 20s.
Appreciate 0