View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #27
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Bump. I just had the same issue on my CS this weekend.

Went to a show yesterday (at a drag strip) and decided to take the CS down the 1/4 for fun.

Weather was cold, 55 or so and cloudy. I have stock PSS's on the car.

I only made two passes, both right around 14 seconds (lol) trapping at 118mph.

Burnout was fine, DSC off, slam throttle. Nice smoke show. Everything felt great.

First launch I blew launch control. I activated it before I was properly staged and had to launch the old way. Held RPMs around 3000 and left on green... The car shuddered (felt almost like wheel hop) and then fell flat on its face... Throttle input did nothing. Backed completely off then went back in.. Car took off and went down the strip fine.

Second pass: same thing.. However launch control was used. Dropped it down to 2500ish RPM.. left perfectly..felt a shudder and fell flat like it was in limp mode. Backed completely off then back on and it went fine.

Found it strange it worked great doing burnouts and once it got going. Car drove great otherwise. Possibly the computer feeling too much slip and shutting the throttle off?

Settings were DSC off of course, sport plus on everything minus suspension which was in comfort.
Appreciate 0