papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF Cooling View Post
You want the BEST PSA EVER??

I got pulled over in my F10 M5 in California, 1st thing in the morning. Right after start-up - I have no cats in my car.

Full shake down, pop the hood, exhaust, etc..

Didn't go to inspection, showed up for the court date (in a suit). Judge asked me why I hadn't fixed the car yet, I told him I was planning on selling the car out of state and that he cost of going back to compliant was more expensive than I wanted to bear with. He asked if I wanted a 30 day extension, I said, i'd rather pay the fine.. Paid $700 that day at the court house with a check, and that was that.. Never had to deal with it again. I've gotten new registration after that with no issues.

TLDR - Just pay the fine and move on - way cheaper and less time consuming than dealing with trying to be compliant.

Thank you for this. I just got a stupid Ca state ref ticket and was thinking how much of a nightmare its going back to stock then back it would cost me more then just paying the fine.

I wonder if a loud exhaust ref ticket is the same cost. But, I will do it this way. It makes more sense.

Hope it works. Lesson learned.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0