Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
I'm not wearing a Porsche hat.
Says the person who owns a 997 gt3 rs, at least if your garage list is accurate.

You definitely seem to put porsche on a pedestal, hence why you exaggerated your car's resale value and tried to claim a simple fuel cell swap and transmission upgrade was the only difference between your beloved 997 gt3 rs and the pro cup version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
The 997 GT3 has the same motor (GT1) and chassis as the cup car. That is a fact. Of course they will drive differently but facts are facts. The DNA is there good and bad. That was the case with the first M3 and the Evo and STi. If I was wearing a Porsche hat, I wouldn't buy any BMW M cars. They have their pros. But value is not one of them to me. Most here have agreed to that which is the whole point of the thread
The retail M3 has just as much "racing DNA" from its pro circuit cousin as the 997 gt3 rs has from its cup car cousin. That's why people track the M3. And though the cup car may have a similar motor and chassis to that
of the 997 gt3 rs, there is still a $100K price difference (components, tuning, setup, ect.) between the two cars, which you have refused to acknowledge.

Actually quite a few on this thread have agreed that the M3 is one of the best do-it-all cars (tracking, daily driver) you can buy for that price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Just to point out the gt500 is not a special edition or limited edition it's the M3 for the ford mustang line. The only limited edition this generation was the boss 302 Laguna seca.
You're right...I misspoke. However, I predict in the long run the gt500 and its chevy and dodge counterparts will hold their value if not increase in value due to their engine types and performance-oriented setup's. A lot like how some of the older generation gt350's and chevy camaro's are easily going for $100k+ at car auctions.
Appreciate 0