View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 02:20 PM   #67
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

The last kit eligible for a free bonus was snagged by bmcph.

I took some fresh pictures since I had a complete rear kit ready and also a few pictures from the installation of the right side.

The following is included in a rear kit:

- 2x Ducts for the backing plates (right/left)
- 2x Ducts with meshes for the lower control arms (right/left)
- 2x Hose holders for the toe arms (right/left)
- 1x Cutting template
- Zip ties (16x short & 8x long), bolts (2x M6x25), nuts (2x low M12x1.5), washers (2x M6x19 & 2x M12x28)

A picture of how the cutting template should be placed on the backing plate, there's a left and right side of the cutting template (the "L" should be visible on the left side and "R" on the right side). The edge of the cutting template should be pushed against the pressed round edge on the backing plate (green arrow) and the radius of the cutting template shall rest against the pressed radius where the bell (brake disc) sits at (green dotted line). Mark the inside of the cutting template (red dotted line) with a sharpie.

There's probably different ways of doing this but I drilled a 10 mm hole and pursued with a pneumatic die grinder with a metall burr bit.

Do it step by step. Install the duct by hand tightening the nut and check the clearance. I used a file for the last bit.

When you're happy with the shape de-burr the edges with a utility knife or a de-burr tool.

The duct sits on top of the nut to the toe arm and there's enough thread left for a washer and a low nut. Use a dab of Loctite, don't over tighten!

The duct also mounts at the same location as the ABS-sensor, longer bolts and wide washers are included in the kit. I recommend protecting the wire (green arrow) to the ABS-sensor with a few layers of electric tape made of polyester (durable and low friction).

The hose holders are unique for each side to fit the chamfer of the toe arm.

And finally a picture of the right side installed.