View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #18
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I've shared several cars with my brother for years. We've been running dual duty in red and black run groups at PCA for a long long time.

It's perfectly doable. The issues are that we don't get to drive together in the same session and also that I prefer to pass people who think their cars can supplant their driving skills in a little train. I don't want them to think it was some kind of freak accident, so having two or three cars in a train delivering some M Power to people is much preferable.

We've ended up in two different cars so we can run together, but it's a huge PITA, you need even more spares, you now have to drive two cars for up to 10h each way to go to the track vs splitting driving time...

We sometimes consider getting a third so our Spanish friend can drive it and we can make a train of 3 cars all by ourselves... not there yet.
I appreciate your references to trains on track. glad to hear more support for car sharing. I think if we do it, we will likely get a truck/trailer to help facilitate the extra abuse. It'll be a long time until she wants to run in the advanced groups, if ever, so separate run groups is actually a benefit for us... also we can take turns watching our kiddos without hiring a teenage nanny.

Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00