10-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #12
Franco3000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Alpine white which is apparently easy to match
Same boat here. My car only had 600 miles on it when the driver's side door was dented (see picture) by a few stones that were thrown out a pick-up truck that was turning into my lane as I was merging. I claimed it as vandalism through my insurance, because to be honest, until this day, I don't know if the stones were thrown on purpose or if they came from the truck's bed, point is, the driver disappeared and I never caught up to him.

Long story short, $1700 to get the door repair and painted, they did paint the front fender as well to match. No way, anybody can tell the difference in the paint, the auto body shop did a fantastic job.

I do have the return vs buy dilemma coming up at the end of my lease next March. Originally, I was planning to buy the car outright at lease end, however, I am now having second thoughts as the incident shows up in Carfax as Vandalism. The car now has 13K miles so, maybe I will keep it. Unfortunately, the G80 just doesn't do it for me. I shouldn't have to get used to a car's look. When I saw the F80, I fell in love on day one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0