View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #92
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
Soooo. I got a response. Rev-matching in Sport+ is not supposed to happen, and there is no intention on making it happen. The reason there is a 1-3min window of it working is so that it doesn't disable while you are in the middle of a shift. The parameters for the variable are stored in the DME, and although can be modified via programming, cannot be coded (For those that don't know, there is a difference between programming and coding).

I'm going to use my own car as the guinea pig on this one and see if I can manipulate it. I'll post updates in this thread to keep everything together. Theoretically, this value string is in the same location as the default start settings (Comfort, Sport, Sport), so if rev-matching can be enabled in all drive settings, I would think you can also program in what mode to start in. Just a thought. If I can get the datum files modified to a level where I feel like it won't fuck anything up, I'll publish it. I'll also need a non-ZCP to manipulate those files for release as well. For those who have been flash-tuned, you're gonna be SOL until your software developer cracks this.

Also: Don't bug your service advisors about this, unless they are actually a BMW enthusiast. Most of the technicians that I work with, couldn't give a flying fuck to diagnose this "issue", or to spend time on.
Thanks for the update.

What are your thoughts on people with production dates June 2018 and later consistently reporting that rev matching is enabled in sport + all the time? It seems that your experience with rev match happening in sport + mode sometimes, or only for a short period of time, is different than the other reports.

It appears M3 and M4 with June-October production dates all seem to have rev match in all modes, all the time.
Appreciate 0