09-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #108
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
I've been saying this for a while. I think most guys here aren't truly into BMW heritage.

Also, do any of you realize what can be done to a turbo I6 with minimal tuning? The power of a 335i can be increased a ridiculous amount with a simple, removable chip that costs very little. 100HP+ extra for $500? Do some real mods and the potential is even greater. My guess is that the HP of the new M3/M4 will be easily pushed to the 600 area without too much money invested.
Bmw is known for its NATURALLY ASPIRATED inline six motors, not for forced induction sixes.

This is the main reason why I've steered away from new bmw's, no more naturally aspirated motors in they're line up. Not to mention the cars have been becoming softer and heavier. Go drive an f10 5 series, you will see there is absolutely no bmw DNA left in that car. If they made the new m3 with a na high revving straight six, I would be the first on the order list.

But im going to wait and reserve judgment until the car comes out. At least they are making the car lighter. Maybe, they'll get the engine right too, I will remain optimistic about the new m3 m4.
Appreciate 0