08-01-2023, 12:10 AM   #8
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughter.mode View Post
They are rated similar to factory in terms of hardness and vibrational properties unless I go full race. I just like the way they’re designed. Rev Shift has an offering too but I don’t like the black + green. They also offer stiffer or same as stock (hardness/vibration) but made from polyurethane vs rubber for longevity. I’d rather not get inserts since mine are just worn out.
I did see that the 80A hardness still added quite a bit of NVH.

I’ve done solid bushings everywhere else but engine mounts are the one thing I really didn’t want to “upgrade” in full over stock.

Engine vibration is probably the most irritating out of everything because it rattles every single darn panel in the car.

I’ve done full upgraded motor mounts before and never again lol… even the inserts were irritating at first but at least I only feel it on cold start.

On my other car with full motor mounts, it rattles like hell every time you sit at a red light and it’s even worse when you turn on the AC.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1