View Single Post
      04-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #47
ALMP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SO/SO 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
I'm going to revive this old thread as I had my "Gen1" lever replaced with a "Gen2" lever today.

I should note that I recently purchased an alcantara shift and ebrake boot set from a forum member. The shift boot had the OE black leather knob attached and I sent the seller my core. I noticed immediately that my "new" knob was rotated counter-clockwise compared to the knob that I had installed previously.

I got a call from the shop after the Gen2 install saying that the problem was even worse than before. I assumed that they meant the lean problem was worse. I asked them for a pic and it's attached below.

It seems that the lever is now centered. This is good. But now the counter-clockwise rotation of the knob is much worse. I thought that there might be some rotational adjustment in the lever, but the shop said there isn't any.

I have more hours invested in installing this thing than I'd like already. I intended to replace my knob with a 3D design unit anyway, but this might force my hand to make it happen sooner. But I'm not sure how that knob aligns on the lever. If it has the same pin for alignment, I might need another solution.

I think I'm done with UUC products.

I don't see this having anything to do with the shift lever but rather the shift knob.

How much lower can you adjust the Evo from stock height?
Appreciate 0