View Single Post
      04-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #57
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrm3 View Post
If your OE knob snapped-in to that position, the shaft needs to turned. Yes, it is staked, but the entire thing can shift/twist 10-15 degrees to the right or left.

Loosen the large nut at the base (something like 27mm). Then take a screw driver or other metal shaft and position it in the top slot (where the OE shift knob snaps in).

Turn the slot as needed to get it properly aligned (should be positioned like so ----- from left to right), and then fully tighten the lower nut.

Keep at it until your knob snaps on straight. No one should have to go through life w/ a twisted knob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
LOL! Bravo! This man is wise beyond his years. Listen to him.
You guys have me all wrong... I 100% understand what you're both suggesting that I do. But I am confident in the fact that there isn't enough rotational adjustment built into the lever. Take a look at the attached photo.

The back of the anti-rotation screw is visible. It appears to run perpendicular to the center line of the the car. I believe that this is by design. If you look at the orientation of the knob, even if you could rotate as far clockwise as possible and tighten it all nice, it would still be twisted. I'd go from 30 degrees out of rotation to 15 or so.

But I have my doubts if making this adjustment would hold over time because of how the two halves are held together. As mentioned above, the "locking nut" simply compresses the silicone isolating sleeve against both halves of the lever.

If the silicone sleeve is somehow attached to the upper (outer) half of the lever, then there's some chance that the rotational adjustment will hold. If the silicone sleeve is floating, it's possible that the adjustment will hold. If the silicone sleeve is somehow attached to the lower (inner) half of the lever then it's very unlikely that the adjustment will hold.

I'm going to take apart the Gen1 lever and (perhaps) swap out the Gen1 upper half with the upper half on the Gen2 lever depending on what I find out.

I do appreciate the suggestions nonetheless
Attached Images

Appreciate 0