View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #12
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Update.

Just spent some time under my car while it was on ramps to check out the steering rack system to see if anything was loose. The two bolts that hold the rack seems tight on my car so doubt that’s the issue. I gave it another half turn to make it tighter just for good measure. While I was under there with the metal pan off I was tapping around to see if anything seems loose that would make the noise that I am hearing and noticed that the long steering column rod could be the culprit. It’s not loose but there isn’t enough tension on it so if I just gently tap it with my hand you get this noise. It makes sense because majority of the people here all complain about the clunk sound only on the drivers side.

Sorry for the crappy video. I was laying on my back on the floor trying to maneuver the phone around tight quarters and also show the exact location I am talking about. I wonder if there is a way to adjust the length of the steering column rod just a hair to add enough preload so it wouldn’t resonate vibration like it does now.

Last edited by Alan l.; 07-26-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0