View Single Post
      11-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #10
thomaskerry
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430xi, 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiridin View Post
While on the topic - is there a preference between Bimmercode or Carly? What are the Pro's or Con'ts
I received the ODB Adapter (Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076XVQMVS..._TklOFb6DJRKBM) and downloaded the Bimmercode app earlier this week. I coded a few items yesterday and must say that Bimmercode is an absolute breeze. Great UI. Easy to understand. Easy to use. And relatively quick, too.

Only qualms I have are:
- It has to do a full 'download' of the car's config each time you plug it in. I went one by one with my coding, to make sure each update worked. In hindsight, I should've done all the coding I wanted all at once. Just had concerns I would get some errors/issues (I did not).
- It's a little tricky to find some of the settings, but a quick search on the forums will get you what you need.
- I got a couple connection errors, likely because the phone was too far away from the adapter. Remedied it by putting the phone in the driver's side footwell before pressing 'code' each time. Silly, but wanted to share.

Overall, very happy with Veepeak + Bimmercode. Haven't used Carly so can't do a direct comparison, but above is my $0.02.
Appreciate 0