View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 05:27 AM   #63
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Trunk 12volt Aux power outlet tidy.

I took the opportunity to sort the 12volt trunk aux outlet wiring today. Previous owner must of had a go at a retro fit and the dealer I brought the car from might have removed part of the wiring. Anyway , two small gauge wires double crimped for an earth and Ve+ was a small gauge wire twisted into a medium gauge wire. Talk about a bushman’s wiring job.

Brought some 2.5mm cable for VE+ and 2.5mm2 brown cable for earth.

The closest earth comb to 12volt rear outlet was full , but the one on left had side behind rear seat bloster had one spare position left.

The main power feed for a 12volt outlet is via rear fuse box. Position 162 is the correct fuse but no connector installed on the inside.

Ordered one earth comb crimp terminal and one leaf terminal for fuse box and crimped wires. Then a straight forward job of flipping the fusebox and inserting contact leaf terminal into position 162 on underside of fusebox connector and ram wire via factory path to rear 12volt outlet position.

Earth Comb crimp terminal part number
61131387144. 1.5-2.5mm2 contact

Fuse Box contact leaf part number
61138377732. 2.5mm2 contact leaf

Also used a couple of cable grommets from a spare secondhand door wiring loom I brought for working out spear wire looms.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0