View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 05:34 AM   #70
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Glad to see this thread exist in general, I got burned on a GT500 7-8yrs ago that had been repaired and flipped at auction prior to any accident making it onto a CarFax.

A critical thing here is that all US states have different laws on what constitutes a totaled/salvage vehicle with varying degrees of % damage. Some states are 100% value states before a vehicle could pick up a branded title.

There's also a varying length of time in which it takes accidents of any scope to be reported appropriately and make it into reporting. The accident my GT500 was in ended up never showing up and the vehicle came from AR which was a 100% value damage state. The car I purchased had been rear-ended and spun off the road and picked up almost 30k in damage.

The market value of the GT500's at the time was in the 30's anyway so it still had a clean title due to the state it was from, and the vehicle was fixed/sold in the window between the accident and for accident reporting to actually show.

All that to say, be careful with ALL used cars regardless of where they're being sold. Everyone is using the same flawed data and procedures so trust your gut.