CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
Actually I have DCT in my E90 M3, and I love it.

I'm not at all anti-technology or old school. I just happen to like the sound of high RPMs and the responsiveness of the S65.
So do I, and absolutely love the DCT on my E92. I feel we got short changed with the DCT on the F8X though. See my babbling and ranting here.

Quote:
You can see it from the power curve; sure, you CAN run it to 7k, but you'll be faster if you get it into the next gear at 5500, and some reviewers have already noted that.
This is not true. To maximize acceleration, you need to maximize power. Hence you need to surf the power curve (5500-7300rpm on the S55). You need to shift to get the RPM in the next gear at 5500rpm. Not shift at 5500rpm.

Quote:
LOL, come on! It's the same engine as comes in half BMW's lineup, except with a tune!
No it's not. You should read a bit more on the topic. IMO, the S55 differs as much from the N55 than the S54 did from the M54.

Quote:
I can't wait to hear some guy with his "S" 55, talking to the JB3 N55 guy who outruns him:

"Oh yea, well, I have a better RADIATOR!".

LOL.
I should have put this in context. I love(d) my ///M3s because of their dual nature. Great daily drivers and great track cars. And I do track a fair bit, this is why I have an M3.

I could not care less if an FBO 335 passes me on the highway, that is not where I like to enjoy speed. On the track though, doing 30+ minute sessions, I want an engine that will be able to last the whole session and give me its full power all the way through. Tuned FBO N54/N55s just can't do that. Even my track buddies that run 1Ms complain about loss of power on hot days. I don't think this will be an issue with the S55.

Quote:
Interesting. I've done nothing to mine, but maybe I should look into this?
You should, you'll love it
Appreciate 0