United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Wow, the M3 looks alot better and loving those seats. The 0-60 times are suggestive of more like 450 crank hp. However, if you consider an E90 M3 MT vs an F80 M3 DCT, the weight difference isn't as much as I would have thought. Do a couple of bolt-ons to the E90 and you're almost there hp wise and if the exhaust is lightweight and put a lighter battery 70aH, you're saving another 40+ lbs and you get to enjoy all the glory of the S65 with a proper hydraulic steering setup. Makes the trading decision from an E90 a little more difficult and agree tuning the F80 to eek out reliable horsepower beyond a few laps is probably why BMW didn't come out with a higher hp number to make it seem like it was more of a jump in power vs the prior gen (for marketing purposes) and in line with competitors.

After all is said and done, think they did a fantastic job with this FI setup given the hand they're dealt in being forced to go FI. Makes me excited about BMW again, especially as the F30 3 series are so much more boring to drive vs the 3 series of 1-2 generations ago.

Those seats are I wonder if they will be standard or an extra included in some kind of package.

Performance-wise (based on figures alone), not too much of a jump from the E9X stock for stock but because turdbros (can't ignore that torque either), guys are gonna have a lot of fun with E85 later...& damnn they nailed that design on the F8X. The little things like the contoured roof and trunk, really enhances the appearance.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0