View Single Post
      09-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #60
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
Thanks very much for the support! When I go into my garage and see the car, I feel compelled to keep it because of how amazing it looks. That is why I couldn't keep the LSB, since from day one it bothered me that the non-metallic paint diminished the lines and curves of the car, which is something I didn't know until taking ownership. The F80 didn't look as aggressive to me in LSB as it does in Austin Yellow or Silverstone because the non-metallic paint does not reflect light the same way and therefore isn't creating the highlights and shadows that bring out the beauty of the car's design. When I saw Atlantis on this forum and learned it was metallic, that is what sold me, and then seeing it in person just verified how amazing a color it is. Maybe I will enter my garage often enough to change my mind and keep the car!
Could not disagree with you more regarding non-metallic, monochromatic paints on the M3/M4, as my most favorite ones are all non-metallic, but I do wish you luck with your decision!
Appreciate 0