View Single Post
      08-08-2022, 08:45 AM   #11
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Since I don't want to start a whole new thread, here we go:

I have had a flawlessly functioning iDrive 5.0 (I think - 2017 M3 w/ every OEM package installed) with wireless CarPlay for a year now - never a single issue. I use it daily for Spotify, Siri for messaging if needed and phone calls. Yesterday the CarPlay disconnected about 3-4 times during a call then reconnected, but would not push phone call audio or receive in-car microphone inputs. I had to change the call from CarPlay to iPhone speaker to hear and talk. Also, the voice to text function ceased to function.

I've already tried hard restarting my iPhone, deleting the phone from the car (and car from the phone) and turning the car off and back on. The same consistent problem is set: CarPlay works to integrate all apps, but phone call audio and microphone inputs do not.

I'm not sure what else to try since this issue just came out of no where from a perfectly operational system. I just reset iPhone network connections and will hard reset iDrive when I get in to commute to work today. Any suggestions or experience with this specific issue?
Appreciate 0