05-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #95
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
UPDATE: official dealership diagnosis is a loose crankhub bolt. Apparently they've fixed it now and my car is ready to be picked up. Dropped off Wednesday early morning and now done end of the day Thursday. I can't imagine the damage was anything serious or their remedy extremely invasive. Once again, it occurred at low rpm so I'm sure that's a factor. I'm out of town at the moment and won't pick the car up until Sunday evening/Monday morning. I hope to talk to the tech then and will update the thread with my findings.
Thats Great. They finally pulled my stock hub out. It looked 99.9% perfect. (Not damaged at all like the other guys one in his pic.)

At best there was a fine line around it. Pretty much all looked new. However we are replacing with brand new factory parts, and will loctite the bolt and use higher torque. There was no damage at all. But replacing all parts just to be safe.