Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Hi,

So I've been doing some research on affordable low dust street pads for a 18 M3 ZCP and have narrowed it down to the Akebono Euro, EBC Red Stuff and Power Stop Z23.

I know there are tradeoffs when swapping from OEM pads which have good bite and stopping power for both street and track uses to those that are low dust ceramic pads, but for what I use it for (purely street use), I am willing to make the sacrifice so long as street braking isn't compromised.

I'm looking for opinions from members on pro's and cons of each pad. The cheapest seem to be the Powerstop Z23 pads which can be had for under $100.

The EBC pads will cost just under $250 but seem to have good reviews here.

I didn't find much info on the Akebono Euro pads on the forum but on other cars people seem to like them (Audi guys for instance). These cost around $175.

Thanks!
I'd throw in Stoptech Street pads in the mix as well. Low dust, cheap and surprisingly good.

I did 10 hard stops from 60-70 to bed them in and paired with PS4S, they stopped very well with no little fade even though they were smoking lol.

Stoptech Sport pads are good as well but they dust like crazy. More of a performance oriented pad.
How is the initial bite compared to stock and any noise?
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0