09-16-2021, 07:00 PM   #4840
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I agree with the getting old part and it affecting the car passion thing. I honestly don't know what my dream car is either anymore. I think a 911 GTS next to the Cayman would be about as good as it gets. There really are no Lambos or Ferraris that do much for me. Maybe a McLaren.........but here is where the old part comes in, I don't know where the eff I'd drive the thing or feel comfortable parking it etc. I know you could say that about Porsches etc but they don't seem as in your face as those other brands. I could be wrong on that. I'm sure I'd change my mind once I drove one though.

Arcades, maybe its the getting old thing to affecting this opinion as well. I think the GT or bust when it comes to Porsches is way overhyped. Even their base 2.0 T Cayman/Boxster are blast to drive. Same with a base 911 even if it doesn't come with an LSD, more oddly they don't offer it in a manual. For my old and apparently more conservative car ass the GTS is the sweet spot for me on nearly every Porsche model. Don't get me wrong, I love the GT cars but don't pine for them like I used to.
Part of the reason I fell for the GT4 is the looks, I really won't lie about that but that is also the reason I got into the F8x initially because I loved how the car looks. It was after that I started to learn more about the car and fell more in love with the car after.

There were things about the car (GT4) that I had liked beforehand, purely from an engineering perspective and what the car represents. It is also the typical progression from a BMW to something like a Porsche.

If I was to settle for a 911, I think I would be okay with a GTS over the GT3. Part of it has to do with cost actually but Cayman/Boxster wise, it would be the GT4. If I would be really stupid, I pick up a 718 Cayman S next to my GT4.
minn1914018.00