Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
INDEED, and the new generation renders the old one obsolete,
but its their own fault, who in their right mind buys a
2012 or 2013 M3 for 70k when its a car that's guaranteed
to go obsolete in a matter of months
when the new car hits the streets and of course they knew
the car was being replaced soon which even more odd,
Car Buying 101 never buy last years of production, you'll also take a big hit on
resale value, and engineers spend years testing how to build
the car lighter, faster and better looking so of course you're buying
outdated technology that would be inferior to a new product soon,
the current M3 was designed in 2006
its 8 years old, as simple as that
That is ridiculous, the e92 M3 is still a great car. I nearly bought one in 2013 because I would have got a massive discount on it, making it a bargain for what it is. It would only be obsolete in some peoples minds, but as long as the owner doesn't think so, who the hell cares?

Have you ever been to a BMW gathering? Do the e92 M3 drivers snig-ger (spelt like that to get round swear filter???) when an e30 M3 turns up? Or an e46 M3? No they 'get it'.

Only the cheque book enthusiasts would turn their noses up, but to them it is not an M3 but a $70k car that happens to say M3 on the back to prove it.
Nisfan i agree with you !! Haha

Only thing i really worry about are the characteristics of a turbo.

Seriously, even my fiancee who drives a turbo car cant stand turbo lag and lack of throttle response! And she hates it when i go to the track.

So i dont understand "enthusiasts" on here that dont give .02 about these sort of things when an everyday girl notices and hates it.

If the new car likes to sing through the rev band, has instant throttle response, feels lighter and drives like a smaller car (remember its pretty big now), and dials out serious UNDERSTEER it will be an awesome car.
Appreciate 0