View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
HS_M2C
Private
Rep
Drives: HS M2C 6MT

Garage List
M4 vs. ND Miata

So my 15' M4 DCT lease is ending in about a month. The residual value is pretty high but I am looking to hopefully negotiate it down to around 40-45k which is also my budget.

I have loved the M4 and it was my first real fun car. I daily drive it in LA traffic. My commute is about an hour drive each way. I also take it occasionally to canyon drives on the weekend and I have been to a few track days. I have however, been longing for a new and different experience.

I don't need rear seats or much practicality since I am on my own. So a two seater would be perfectly fine. The M4 in terms of power is amazing but I definitely want a lighter and more nimble car.

The ND miata has caught my eye because of the price and the rave reviews. I know I am considering two completely different cars right now but this would be a different experience for me that I have been looking for. There aren't many sports cars on the market as light as the miata. It has kind of a carefree attitude going for it which is what is appealing to me. There's no other car that kind of competes with it besides maybe a BRZ which i'm not a huge fan of. Was never a huge fan of the looks of older gen mx5's but the new ND and especially the RF is great IMO.

I know there will be a difference between power but I am curious to see how much I will miss that power. The M4 was a perfect DD and I am a bit worried at the fact that driving a manual every day for my commute might suck but because of the light clutch it might not be so bad.

I have yet to drive the ND miata, but I have driven an NA. The NA was definitely a fun and raw experience but I was extremely underwhelmed by the power which is not a surprise. I'm hoping the ND will be sufficient enough for me.

I've looked into a few other cars such as the cayman and the M2. As far as the cayman goes, it's amazing but my dad owns a 981 which he let's me borrow pretty often so it wouldn't be a hugely new experience. I am also looking for a new or lightly used CPO and it's also pretty difficult to find one under 40k thats a 2015+.

Anyway, just want to get some of your guys thoughts on the ND!

Last edited by HS_M2C; 05-14-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0