PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK1 View Post
Can't blame you for liking the 981, it's also high on my list. Love the sound of those flat sixes.

It's been recommended a few times already, but if you haven't driven an ND2 Miata, go drive one. It's not for everyone, but you may just get surprised...
ND2 + pile of R comps was definitely suggested and OP keeps going back to 981, so we are clear that’s where his heart is

As for the sounds, i think the supposed flat plane crank V8 with similar firing order as F-cars rumored for c8z06 should be pretty great. Unfortunately, 4cyl cars tend to lag in sound department, unless they are of the super high RPM varietal (in my opinion anyway)
I haven't come across a 4 cylinder engine that sounded good to me. 5 cylinder or more, quite a few, but no 4s...

The wailing of Porsche flat 6s at high rpm is intoxicating. The issue with the 981s is that with the tall gearing of the manual transmission it's hard to rev the engine and stay within legal limits on the street. The redline speed in second gear (981S) is over 80mph! Would be great on the track though.
Appreciate 0