Originally Posted by JLS_397K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bakken View Post
Just got this from Apex:

Front: 19x10" ET25 with 275/30-19 tires
Rear: 19x11" ET44 with 305/30-19 tires
Brake clearance: SB CCB
Available in SM-10 design only.
5mm front spacers may be required for certain aftermarket suspensions, see below.
Front 19x9.5" ET22 wheel can be used to avoid running spacers with certain aftermarket suspensions due to its superior inner clearance.
315/25-19 rear tires may also be used, but may require rolled rear fenders and/or negative camber.
Rear 295/30-19 tires can also be used.

With a 19x10" ET25 front and a 19x11" ET44 rear, you can run 275/30-19 front and 305/30-19 rear tires as a mostly direct fit on a stock car. Since the GTS utilizes a rebranded KW clubsport suspension, a 5mm front spacer will be required with the 19x10" ET25 wheels. If you are running an aggressive tire compound, such as the NT-01, this additional spacing may require some front negative camber to compensate. As an alternative, you can run the 19x9.5" ET22 up front, which will clear without a 5mm spacer or additional front negative camber. These 19" wheels will also have no problem clearing the larger CCB's if your GTS is equipped with them.

In a follow up email, they said that if I decided on the ET25 (25mm offset) front, With the required 5 mm spacer I might need to get some negative camber, so he was recommending the 19x9.5 ET22 with 275/30 for a completely stock compatible set up.

They offer a mounting and balancing, so I'm thinking Nitto NT-01.

I just sent them another email about the possibility of installing TPS at the same time.

I kind of went through this whole dilemma already regarding wheels for GTS. I knew that I want the 19x11 in the rear, but the front was concerning. Do I get 9.5" and keep the ability to clear suspension and drop the car? or do I 10" rims, then have to buy spacers, bolts, and camber plates.

I too spoke with APEX and was leaning towards the SM-10s in Anthracite... problem was that the front wheels became unavailable within the hour since I last checked it, so that was a no go. I spoke with Geirsen at APEX and he confirmed what the website updated too([SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]BACK ORDERED UNTIL DECMBER[/SIZE][/SIZE]). I cant wait until December since I have two track events in November and one rally in December. Bummer for me.

So rather than spending nearly (plus or minus a few hundred) $3K on a new set of wheels, tires, spacers, bolts, camber plates. I am just going to track my GTS with stock components at factory(street) height. I know this isn't ideal but at least I will set a base line for myself, maybe others. Ill try to lower if I ever get time to do so for track day.

Now aside from waiting for APEX SM-10's to be back in stock, Don't forget the say they will unveil some 19" Forged Rims, maybe EC-7R or SM-10R will become available in early 2021. Yes they will be a little more expensive, but Buy Once Cry Once seems to be the motto around these forums these days.

Honestly, I might get 9.5x19 and 10.5x19 (or 11") forged rims now, burn out the CCBs(Hopefully not), switch to M2C Brake rotors with more aggressive brake pads, and drop the car which would induce increased camber.

Reason being so I can be that guy that pushes harder to get the most out a relatively stock car. This way I show/compete with others out on the track. There will always be someone else putting more pro track stuff into a GTS to make it a GT4, one person who stands out the most is such as one member "YMS" or Ymotorsport on instagram.

Check their page on forums :
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1660084

In the mean time, I will be that guy doing the subtle changes to the GTS. Hopefully driving this car to its fullest potential.
Thanks for that . due to availability and other points you raise , I'm likely going to be doing my first ever track day with a completely stock set up , triple six wheels and my sport cup twos . fingers crossed .
Appreciate 0