View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 06:18 PM   #17
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
That is cool and all, but a bit of a stretch to compare that with what takes place at COTA.
In what way? Both are motorsport, about hauling ass and challenging yourself. Both are about controlling a vehicle under situations as difficult as you're willing to make them. Cars are my specialty and my obsession; I'm nowhere near as skilled or fast on a motorbike but the motocross experience is frankly a lot more hardcore than a modern "road course". I put that in quotes because REAL road courses used to be made on actual roads, with all the danger and technical challenges that entails.

Why is moto such a badass motorsport? You've got highly variable surfaces with variable traction, you have to balance your machine and constantly adjust your body position as well as steer brake and accelerate, there are bumps and huge jumps that require not only skill but massive balls to clear. Then there's the fact that if you get much out of line, you're going down. There are few things that will teach you how to manage traction as well as hauling ass with two wheels on the dirt. There is also WAY more skill transfer from bike to car than vice versa, so you can legitimately consider it cross-training to a degree.

Don't forget, there is a rally course in the works at ADV and it's gonna kick serious ass.
Appreciate 0