First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjdrb0227 View Post
I've been speaking to a few lawyer. They're very expensive to hire. I'm hoping that BMW FS can aid me this as there is nothing swapplease can do. I verified that BMW FS has a legal team.

I was reading the lease contract that the person signed, and under #18, it states that "I agree to maintain, service, repair, and recondition the vehicle during the lease term with new and genuine manufacture's original equipment replacement parts as recommended in the vehicle owner's manual. I am responsible for repairs of all collision, accident, and other physical damage that is not a result of normal wear and use. These repairs include but are not limited to, those necessary to return the vehicle to it's pre-damage condition, including, but not limited to , repairing damage to exterior panels and components, structural components, and the vehicle's interior. All repair must be made with new and genuine manufacture's original equipment replace parts.

Obviously, there is a breach of contract here as the parts were replaced.
Are the parts aftermarket though? As I am reading this, it's just that the parts have to be OEM parts, not the same type of parts the car was delivered with. So as long as the parts are genuine BMW I'm not sure it's really a violation of the lease. As far as I can tell the parts you describe having been replaced are OEM. They may not be the same parts the car came with, but they are BMW parts. What has BMWFS said?
Appreciate 0