05-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #317
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Now that totally makes sense. This may not be the car for you then. The E92 always annoyed me, but the joy of driving it always outweighed the frequent fill-ups (which also KILL the wallet). What I can say is this: Since it seems like you're utilizing it as a daily driver, I honestly think you might be able to hack a better overall mpg. I can tell you that my buddy had me take care of his 135i for a while which is rated at 20c/28h, I was able to get anywhere from 28-30 overall pretty consistently. You may not enjoy the car as much on a daily basis, but to me that would be a fair trade off for ownership of this vice something bigger/heavier. Thoughts?
That would help a lot. If I could on average even get the 24 mpg I get in my 3.6L ATS, that would work. And I really don't want a bigger heavier car. In my younger days I had 2 Miatas and and RX-8. Heaviest car I've owned in many years was a E90 335xi. I actually left BMW for my ATS because it felt more nimble that the 335i (I was shocked). I really enjoy nimble cars (but now also want a litttle luxury). The M3 semed like a fantastic compromise in terms of luxury v performance (want a decent back seat, otherwise would be looking at 911S). I want a car that I'm excited to get into, and think this would fit the bill. By the time I test drive and order we should have some early returns on fuel consumption, so have not ruled it out. Appreciate you giving me some hope. I've been thinking about this car almost every day for six months now.
Appreciate 0