04-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Just because I love Dinan chat, here's an example of the troubles:

On or about March 31, 2007, our client visited Century West BMW to purchase a vehicle ... blah blah blah ... The latter assured our client that the vehicle was in excellent mechanical condition and had no damages or defects, was fully equipped with Dinan accessories and was covered under the original manufacturer’s warranty, which was valid for four (4) years/50,000 miles.

... blah blah blah ...

Our client discovered that he is defrauded, when he tried several times to repair his car taking it to the authorized dealers of BMW of North America, LLC. . Each time, our client was informed that the repairs would not be covered under the warranty due to the installation of the after-market Dinan parts.

But the dealer says!!
But the dealer installed it!!

Now here's the thing, did Dinan cover these costs? I don't know. But this person doesn't have the BMW warranty any longer and that would be kind of a big deal to me.

The last place I want to spend my time is filing law suits for a warranty claim.

DISCLAIMER: I have NOTHING against Dinan, I think it's a great product and it's always on my list. My problem is with the dis/mis information around Dinan products. Dinan won't release their claims information - I probably wouldn't either - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it also means we don't know how big of a warranty risk it is. Given all the data we have, it seems low, but we just don't know, and in those scenarios I usually plan on worst case scenario. you should too.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-05-2017 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
vonmayr698.00