02-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #78
sandjam
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Most of these people who got extra cash to burn are trying to be the Special group and brag about the $5k paint they got. Believe it or not.
Who's bragging about anything? I have never seen one person brag on the forum about paying 5000.00 extra, lol.

Where do you people make this stuff up at?

We are getting what we enjoy. I worked hard for the M and not going to skimp out and get something I don't really like.

Really sounds more like people who don't have the money are just mad at BMW they can't get it for free. I bet if the Individual colors were 1000.00 you be signing up in a second.

No one has ever asked me how much my paint costs, just:

"What is that awesome color called?"

Hell yeah I WOULD rather have the color I wanted been a standard color for no charge, but the F82 colors are just what BMW designers decided for this generation. Its not a conspiracy.

I love the individual program. And it actually is what keeps bringing me back to BMW. I know I can get a color something close to what I want no matter what the standard ones are.

I mean my color (Avus Blue), was one of the original M3 colors. That's a 20 y/o color and I could get a 2016 painted in it. Sorry, but that's awesome.

I love Blues on BMW's and the Yas Marina just wasn't my shade personally (although in person they look incredible on that body).

Yes 5000.00 is a chunk of change, but not unreasonable for the logistics they have to go through to do 1 car in a different color.
All the parts that hang on the car (door handles, mirrors, bumper covers, etc.) are all painted by the parts suppliers, not in the factory. They all have to be coordinated with the parts suppliers for that 1 color. The color has to be tested to make sure the formulas match, etc. It's not as easy as some on here just make up in their heads.

Its a BMW, not a HONDA Accord. You already know everything is more expensive right off the bat. Not sure why its such a controversy.

If you think color is so trivial, then buy a black or white one and stop complaining.

I am so happy I got the color I did.
Appreciate 3
Draper3459.50
Encanto1164.00