View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #81
Caelric
Banned
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
We have had students have incidents while attending HPDEs. With the proper documentation and reports proving it was a non-competitive event, their insurance covered. If you have a clause that specifically specifies that you are not covered on a race track, then it is a different story.

As for warranty, as others have stated, the BMW documentation is not explicit about use on a track, which makes it open to interpretation.
Conversely, every single incident I have heard of of someone trying to claim on their insurance from an HPDE mishap has been denied. But anecdotal evidence is just that...anecdotes. Enough of them actually make data, but I certainly don't claim to have enough anecdotes to make data.

As for the BMW warranty documentation bein open to interpretation, you are certainly correct in that; but I would azrd to say that BMW has a number of on staff lawyers that are experts in such interpretation, whereas the average owner has....less of such resources.

We are certainly straying far from the original subject of the CCBs.

For me, the CCBs are just plain not worth it, even though I plan on doing multiple track days in my M4. Of course, changing brake pads the morning of track event is incredibly easy, if you are not an idiot, and it is something I did every track day I went to in the past, and probably about halway into my track day time, started chaging wheels/tires to a dedicated r-compound tire and wheel set.

The lack of brake dust from the CCBs is a nice bonus, and the 'bling' certainly is there, but it is not worth the $8k, not for me.
Appreciate 0